Quick Pickled Jalapenos
These quick pickled jalapenos are crunchy, tasty, and with just enough kick that you'll need to chase them with your favorite drink.
- 8 jalapenos sliced in uniform coins
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/4 tsp whole black peppercorn
Quick Pickling Brine
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
Preparing The Jalapenos
Slice the jalapenos in uniform coins. If you like spicier pickles, leave the seeds. If you want less spicy, remove some or all.
Peel garlic & onion. Slice onion.
Add the jalapenos, onions, garlic & peppercorns into the pickling jar.
Preparing The Brine
Mix the vinegar, water, salt, and sugar in a stainless steel pot and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, pour it over the jalapeno mixture in the jar until the peppers are just covered.
Allow the jar to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes with the lid off. Then, cover and store in the refrigerator.
- The sooner you put the pint jar into the refrigerator the more crisp the pickled jalapenos will be.
- The jalapenos will stay fresh and good for bout 3 weeks. After that, test before consuming.
- These jalapenos go great in nachos, tacos, or an ingredient in salsa.
Calories: 226kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 3gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 13994mgPotassium: 532mgFiber: 5gSugar: 33gVitamin A: 1207IUVitamin C: 144mgCalcium: 64mgIron: 2mg