This decadent chocolate ganache is quick and easy to whip up. It’s the perfect topping for a pound cake, layer cake, or a drizzle on top of frosted cupcakes.
For alternatives, switch out the semi-sweet morsels for white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate.
This ganache also works in your fondue pot, as a dip for fruits, cookies, or bite-sized cubes of cake.
Rich and sweet, this chocolate ganache is sure delight you.
- 1 Medium size pot with lid
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Stirring occasionally, bring heavy cream to simmer on stove top.
- Once it starts to simmer, remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips.
- Make sure all chips are covered.
- Put lid on chocolate chips to retain heat and let sit without mixing for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and using a whisk start swirling the chocolate chips in the center, moving outward until smooth.
- Once velvety, let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes (uncovered).
- Pour over your cooled cake.