Cheesy and spicy, you’re going to love this slow cooker buffalo chicken dip. It’s easy to make and is a “one pot dish” that cooks in your crock pot.
While Buffalo wings might have origins in Buffalo New York, this cheesy dip says “Southern” all over it. It’s an ooey gooey treat that you won’t be able to stop scooping.
Try this popular appetizer at your next game day gathering, pot lock, or any other event where casual tasty food is called for. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
Notes on the Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This buffalo chicken dip recipe uses lots of yummy bleu cheese crumbles and blue cheese dressing. But if you’re more of a Ranch lover, that substitution works great with this recipe.
The recipe also calls for cooked chicken. But if you have additional time, raw chicken simply can be placed into the crock pot with the other ingredients. You should use a total cook time of 4 hours on High if using raw chicken, stirring occasionally. The chicken will become soft and shred easily like pulled chicken when stirred toward the end of the cooking time. I personally always use this method; it’s less work, and the chicken comes out perfect.
Serve this dip with carrot sticks, celery sticks, and lots of tortilla chips. The “scoop” chips work great for this dip, because you’ll want to get all that yummy chicken onto your chips!
Leftovers should be refrigerated and can be reheated in the microwave. You might not have any left though – this dip goes fast!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crock pot
- 2 packages cream cheese 16 oz total
- 4 cups boneless chicken cooked and shredded (either white or dark meat are fine)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese dressing can sub with Ranch if preferred
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles or an additional 1/2 cup of dressing
- Divide the cream cheese into a few cubes, and place into crock pot.
- Add the cooked chicken, bleu cheese crumbles, and shredded cheddar. Pour the Buffalo sauce and bleu cheese dressing over the other ingredients.
- Cook on High for 1.5 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce to Warm for any remaining time prior to serving. Serve with tortilla chips, celery, and carrots.
We hope you’ll enjoy our Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip. And if you love cheesy goodness, check out all our cheese dips and cheese balls!