Here we have our classic Southern recipe for the mint julep. This cocktail is perfect to indulge in on a warm evening.
This tasty bourbon drink is easy to make with just a few ingredients – bourbon, confectioners’ sugar, mint leaves and a little water for muddling. It’s a drink that’s great to sip while watching the Kentucky Derby or just relaxing on a lazy Sunday.
And if you love mint juleps, you’ll definitely also want to check out our Top 15 List of Foods to Enjoy with Your Mint Julep. This list has some amazing Southern food recipes from all over the web, that you’re sure to enjoy. And they’re all great pairings for your mint julep!
Bourbon lovers should also check out our Molasses and Bourbon Pork Chops. These chops with bourbon are just the ticket for your next pork dinner. And for the holidays, we also have our Bourbon Fruitcake Cookies! Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon confection sugar can sub with ¼ oz. simple syrup
- 2 oz. Bourbon whiskey
- 2 teaspoons water
- 5 Mint leaves
- In a highball or similar glass, muddle the sugar, water, and 4 of the mint leaves together.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour in the bourbon and stir well.
- Garnish your mint julep with the 5th mint leaf.
- Kick back, relax, and enjoy!