Here we have our classic Southern recipe for the mint julep. Perfect to sip on a warm evening.
This tasty bourbon drink is easy to make with just a few ingredients. A drink that’s great to responsibly enjoy while watching the Kentucky Derby or just relaxing on a lazy Sunday.
And if you love mint juleps, you’ll definitely also want to check out our Top 15 List of Foods to Enjoy with Your Mint Julep. This list has some amazing Southern foods from all over the web, that you’re sure to love. And they’re all great pairings for your mint julep!
- 1 teaspoon confection sugar can sub with ¼ oz. simple syrup
- 2 oz. Bourbon whiskey
- 2 teaspoons water
- 5 Mint leaves
- In a highball or similar glass, muddle the sugar, water, and 4 of the mint leaves together.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour in the bourbon and stir well.
- Garnish your mint julep with the 5th mint leaf.
- Kick back, relax, and enjoy!