You’ll love this cool and refreshing honey limeade. It’s the perfect drink to enjoy in your backyard in the summer heat.
Need a great (non-alcoholic) drink to refresh yourself during the hot summer months?
Well we have just the thing. We present to you our delicious Honey Limeade recipe. It uses fresh lime juice and is sweetened by both sugar and honey for a unique flavor. A great drink to pack in your thermos on hot beach days.
The prep process takes the extra step of creating a simple syrup. This ensures you end up with a properly sweetened drink…and not one with all the sugar granules sitting at the bottom of your glass.
Homemade Honey Limeade
- 64 oz pitcher
- 12 limes
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- mint for garnish
- Juice between 10-12 limes, until you extract 1 cup of lime juice.
- On the stovetop, bring the sugar and 1.5 cups of the water to medium heat in a pot, stirring until melted. Stir in the honey until melted. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the water and sugar mixture with the remaining 4 cups of cold water, and stir in the lime juice until fully mixed.
- Pour over ice and garnish with mint and additional lime slices as desired.