Ready for the big game? These easy game day appetizers are great for your football gathering and other game day events. For when you want more than just potato chips and chex mix with your pepperoni pizza. Fun, tasty, and shareable, these are munchies for the whole crew to enjoy!
What’s your favorite sport to kick back and watch? Down South, football is our main thang. Whether high school, college, or NFL…our football teams are our pride and joy, and football season is pure magic. You might say we’re a little…obsessed.
There’s not much that can make football season any more fun, except for…well… maybe some delicious apps to enjoy while watching the game.
To help make your game day food planning a little easier, we’ve compiled this list of our favorite appetizer recipe ideas. So whether you need a Super Bowl Sunday appetizer, some snacks for watching the Final Four, or treats for the World Cup, we’ve got you covered.
In the South we LOVE bacon and Ranch dressing! You will find us topping almost anything with bacon and dipping almost everything else in Ranch dressing!
So this combination in a tasty cheese ball is double the pleasure…double the yum!
This perfect appetizer is so delicious, and just look at how easy it is to make!
Cranberry, honey, apple, pecans, and brie, all baked in a warm puff pastry. On a cool evening, this delicious snack is just what you need.
Our Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Jalapeño Poppers are perfect for Game Day… or really any occasion where a tasty appetizer needs to be served up!
Our version of the traditional jalapeno popper is a pinwheel that uses crescent dough for this treat. It’s easy to make and is a savory snack.
Yes, we have another cheese ball for you! (And one more later as well!) This one is so easy with only 4 ingredients – dried beef, green onion, mustard, and cream cheese. Score!
Let’s admit it…who doesn’t love an ooey, gooey cheese dip? Most Southerners will queue up to the table to munch down on a good creamy cheese dip served with crackers, bread, or chips! And regardless of where you’re from, we think you’re gonna love this namesake dip recipe of Charleston.
Crunchy? Juicy? Flavorful? Yep, all of the above. Our crispy fried chicken recipe will knock your socks off! This recipe uses a brine that will lock in all that wonderful juiciness and deliciousness.
Grab a fried chicken wing and enjoy the big game!
We sure love our dips, and this dip recipe is easy to prepare and simple to serve. It’s great for informal gatherings and makes a great finger food when served with crackers. Excellent for when you don’t want to spend tons of time on game day appetizers, but are ready to make something snacky that people will love.
Who doesn’t love a yummy meatball app? Pair these with your favorite dips. Maybe tangy mustard, creamy garlic sauce, or traditional tomato sauce for a delicious and healthy game day appetizer that your friends and family will love!
Here’s our third cheeseball for you! (Can you tell we love our cheese??)
Everyone will enjoy this great appetizer to nibble on while at your game day party. The tropical taste of pineapple, the rich smooth flavor of cream cheese, and the savory goodness of ham make this cheeseball a great start to any occasion.
Deviled eggs are a Southern Thing. If you were born or raised in the South, chances are you grew up on and love deviled eggs.
They’re the perfect game day snack for your Super Bowl party or other friends and family gatherings. They are easy to prepare and transport!! A win-win!
You can even make these into little footballs. Just leave off the paprika, and pipe thin lines of wasabi sauce on top in the design of football laces.
This buffalo chicken dip is one of my personal favorite dip recipes. It’s so easy and is always my go-to Super Bowl food to make every year. It’s loaded up with blue cheese and has a great kick to it.
Grab your crock pot and try this one out. Perfect with your favorite tortilla chip.
Our Other Favorite Game Day Appetizers
Here are more Super Bowl food ideas that we love from other places across the Web!
A nacho platter is a super easy game day food idea. And these nachos are loaded with the ingredients we love.
I top my tortilla chips with ALL the good stuff – guacamole, melted shredded cheese, hot sauce, jalapeños, ground beef, salsa, and sour cream…yum!
This creamy dip is a must for any game day gathering. If you haven’t tried making spinach artichoke dip in the past, try out this recipe for your first go at it – it’s super easy!
These pickles are fried…in the air fryer! Don’t forget your favorite Ranch or chipotle dipping sauce. This Super Bowl appetizer is a must for anyone who loves pickles.
Here’s a unique combination of two delicious foods – bacon and dates! The recipe calls for bleu cheese, but these are also wonderful with a little goat cheese.
Maybe wrap some pineapple chunks, scallops, and shrimp in bacon too, while you’re at it!
And last but certainly not least, what’s a party without buffalo wings?! These spicy chicken wings are baked in the oven and are super crispy.
Did we include your favorite game day appetizers? Let us know in the comments!
15+ Easy Game Day & Party Appetizer Ideas
- Bacon Ranch Cheeseball https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/bacon-ranch-cheeseball/
- Baked Brie In Puff Pastry (With Apple & Cranberry) https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/baked-brie-in-puff-pastry/
- Bacon Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/bacon-jalapeno-poppers/
- Dried Beef Cheese Ball https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/cheese-ball-dried-beef/
- Charleston Cheese Dip https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/charleston-cheese-dip/
- Crispy Fried Chicken https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/crispy-fried-chicken/
- Pimento Cheese Dip https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/pimento-cheese-dip/
- Baked Turkey Meatballs https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/baked-turkey-meatballs/
- Pineapple Cheese Ball https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/pineapple-cheeseball/
- Deviled Eggs https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/southern-deviled-eggs/
- Buffalo Chicken Dip https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-dip/
- Sheet Pan Nachos https://damndelicious.net/2016/09/06/sheet-pan-nachos/
- Spinach Artichoke Dip https://damndelicious.net/2019/05/20/instant-pot-spinach-and-artichoke-dip/
- Fried Pickles https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/air-fryer-fried-pickles-texas-road-house-copy-cat/
- Bacon Wrapped Dates https://jz-eats.com/bacon-wrapped-dates/
- Buffalo Wings https://www.recipetineats.com/truly-crispy-oven-baked-buffalo-wings-my-wings-cookbook/
- Pick your appetizers from the list above.
- Follow the link to view the recipe.
- Prepare and enjoy!