These appetizers are great for your football gathering and other game day events. For when you want more than just a bag of chips with your pizza. Fun, tasty, and shareable, these are munchies for the whole crew to enjoy!
What’s your favorite sport to kick back and watch? Down South, football is our main thang. Whether high school, college, or NFL…our football teams are our pride and joy, and football season is pure magic. You might say we’re a little…obsessed.
There’s not much that can make football season any more fun, except for…well… maybe some delicious apps to enjoy while watching the game.
To help make your game day food planning a little easier, we’ve compiled this list of our favorite appetizer recipe ideas. So whether you need a Super Bowl appetizer, some snacks for watching the Final Four, or treats for the World Cup, we’ve got you covered.
In the South we LOVE bacon and Ranch dressing! You will find us topping almost anything with bacon and dipping almost everything else in Ranch dressing!
So this combination in a tasty cheese ball is double the pleasure…double the yum!
This appetizer is so delicious, and just look at how easy it is to make!
Cranberry, honey, apple, pecans, and brie, all baked in a warm puff pastry. On a cool evening, this one is just perfect.
Our Bacon Jalapeño Poppers are perfect for Game Day… or really any occasion where a tasty appetizer needs to be served up!
Our version of the traditional jalapeno popper is a pinwheel that uses crescent dough for this treat. It’s easy to make and is a savory snack.
Yes, we have another cheese ball for you! (And one more later as well!) This one is so easy with only 4 ingredients – dried beef, green onion, mustard, and cream cheese. Score!
Let’s admit it…who doesn’t love an ooey, gooey cheese dip? Most Southerners will queue up to the table to munch down on a good creamy cheese dip served with crackers, bread, or chips! And regardless of where you’re from, we think you’re gonna love this namesake dip of Charleston.
Crunchy? Juicy? Flavorful? Yep, all of the above. Our crispy fried chicken recipe will knock your socks off! This recipe uses a brine that will lock in all that wonderful juiciness and deliciousness.
This dip is easy to prepare and simple to serve. It’s great for informal gatherings and makes a great finger food when served with crackers. Excellent for when you don’t want to spend tons of time on game day appetizers, but are ready to make something snacky that people will love.
Who doesn’t love a yummy meatball app? Pair these with some tangy mustard dip, creamy garlic sauce, or traditional tomato sauce for a delicious appetizer that your friends and family will love!
Here’s our third cheeseball for you! (Can you tell we love our cheese??)
Everyone enjoys a great appetizer to nibble on while watching the game, or during any party or special event. The tropical taste of pineapple, the rich smooth flavor of cream cheese, and the savory goodness of ham make this cheeseball a great start to any occasion.
Deviled eggs are a Southern Thing. If you were born or raised in the South, chances are you grew up on and love deviled eggs.
They’re the perfect party appetizers for your Superbowl party or other friends and family gatherings. They are easy to prepare and transport!! A win-win!
You can even make these into little footballs. Just leave off the paprika, and pipe thin lines of wasabi sauce on top in the design of football laces.
This buffalo chicken dip is my personal favorite. It’s so easy and is always my go-to Super Bowl food to make every year. It’s loaded up with blue cheese and has a great kick to it.
Grab your crock pot and try this one out. Perfect with your favorite tortilla chip.
Our Other Favorite Game Day Appetizers
Here are more Super Bowl snack ideas that we love from other places across the Web!
These nachos are loaded with the ingredients we love. And I always top mine with ALL the good stuff – guacamole, melted shredded cheese, hot sauce, and sour cream…yum!
This creamy dip is a must for any game day gathering. If you haven’t tried making spinach artichoke dip in the past, try out this recipe for your first go at it – it’s super easy!
These pickles are fried…in the air fryer! Don’t forget your favorite Ranch or chipotle dip.
Here’s a unique combination of two delicious foods – bacon and dates! Maybe wrap some pineapple chunks, scallops, and shrimp while you’re at it!
And last but certainly not least, what’s a party without buffalo wings?! These spicy chicken wings are baked in the oven and are super crispy.
Did we include your favorite game day appetizers? Let us know in the comments!
15+ Game Day Appetizer Ideas
- Bacon Ranch Cheeseball https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/bacon-ranch-cheeseball/
- Baked Brie In Puff Pastry (With Apple & Cranberry) https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/baked-brie-in-puff-pastry/
- Bacon Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/bacon-jalapeno-poppers/
- Dried Beef Cheese Ball https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/cheese-ball-dried-beef/
- Charleston Cheese Dip https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/charleston-cheese-dip/
- Crispy Fried Chicken https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/crispy-fried-chicken/
- Pimento Cheese Dip https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/pimento-cheese-dip/
- Baked Turkey Meatballs https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/baked-turkey-meatballs/
- Pineapple Cheese Ball https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/pineapple-cheeseball/
- Deviled Eggs https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/southern-deviled-eggs/
- Buffalo Chicken Dip https://southerneatsandgoodies.com/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-dip/
- Sheet Pan Nachos https://damndelicious.net/2016/09/06/sheet-pan-nachos/
- Spinach Artichoke Dip https://damndelicious.net/2019/05/20/instant-pot-spinach-and-artichoke-dip/
- Fried Pickles https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/air-fryer-fried-pickles-texas-road-house-copy-cat/
- Bacon Wrapped Dates https://jz-eats.com/bacon-wrapped-dates/
- Buffalo Wings https://www.recipetineats.com/truly-crispy-oven-baked-buffalo-wings-my-wings-cookbook/
- Pick your appetizers from the list above.
- Follow the link to view the recipe.
- Prepare and enjoy!