These peanut butter bacon dog biscuits are made only with ingredients that are safe (and delicious!) for your furry friend. If your dog loves peanut butter and bacon, he’ll love this recipe.
I’m always trying to find ideas for unique treats for my dog. Sometimes I’ll bake a pupcake for special days, muttloaf for dinner, and so on. But other times I want to whip up just a simple treat with a few ingredients.
These dog biscuits are great, because you probably already have the ingredients around the house. We’re using these dog-friendly ingredients — peanut butter, rolled oats, banana, egg, and a little bit of bacon for that extra yummy flavor. The bacon should be trimmed of fat.
These “human foods” are safe for dogs to eat. You can change up the ingredients; just make sure whatever you add is healthy for dogs, and ensure no ingredient contains artificial sweetener. If you’re out of bananas, it can be subbed with 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce or mashed pumpkin.
And guess what. You might just find yourself snacking on one of these as well. (They’re pretty dang good!)
We hope your pup will enjoy our peanut butter bacon dog biscuits recipe!
Peanut Butter and Bacon Dog Biscuits
- 1 cup oat flour or pulse rolled oats in food processor
- 1/4 cup peanut butter smooth, all natural, no artificial sweeteners
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled crisp bacon, fat trimmed
- 1 banana very ripe, mashed
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to fully combine the oat flour, banana, peanut butter, egg, and crumbled bacon.
- On a clean flat surface, roll out the dough mixture to about 1/3 inch thickness.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut the individual biscuits, or shape with hands, and place them onto a parchment-lined or non-stick cookie sheet. (If you need to lightly grease your cookie sheet, use a small amount of olive oil.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and dry.