Love brownies? Love pumpkin? Love CHEESECAKE?? Then you’re going to be enamored by this delicious and easy dessert. Pumpkin cheesecake brownies are a decadent autumn treat.
It’s fall, y’all! Oh, you have some pumpkins? We’ve got plenty of recipes for you!
Try out these favorites…and let us know which one you love!
Today I’ve got another pumpkin recipe for you – Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies. These an easy dessert to prepare for Thanksgiving that everyone will love.
And don’t worry – I’m not giving you a recipe that uses a boxed brownie mix. This recipe takes our original brownies from scratch recipe and adds a creamy pumpkin cheesecake swirl topping.
I hope you’ll love these as much as I do!
Options for your Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
There are many yummy mix-ins that work great with these pumpkin spice brownies. Here are a few of my favorites to stir into the brownie batter.
- Chocolate chips – dark, milk, or white
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped walnuts
- Almond slices
- A teaspoon or two of instant coffee for a pumpkin spice coffee flavor!
Or on top, you can add some extra pizazz!
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
- Powdered sugar
- A scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Or all of the above for a pumpkin brownie sundae!
Other Tips for Your Brownies
To get the brownie layer more cake-like, add up to 1 additional cup of flour to the brownie batter.
For a chewier brownie layer, reduce the number of eggs in the brownie mixture from 4 to 3.
You can add pumpkin pie spice to the cheesecake mixture in lieu of the cinnamon and nutmeg for a great holiday flavor.
Canned Pumpkin or Fresh Pumpkin?
This recipe calls for canned pumpkin. However, you can certainly use fresh pumpkin. Use the same amount, so for example, use 1/2 cup of fresh pumpkin in place of the 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin. Follow these tips for preparing the pumpkin puree.
But canned pumpkin is easy and tastes great. Be aware that if you instead buy something called pumpkin pie filling, this will already have the pie spice in it, so leave out the spices if you’re using this option.
We hope you’ll enjoy our Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie recipe!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter melted
Pumpkin Swirl Ingredients
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9×13" pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the brownie dry ingredients until fully mixed: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the 4 eggs.
- Stir the eggs and melted butter into the dry brownie mixture until fully combined and there are no lumps in the batter.
- Blend together the pumpkin topping ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Pour the brownie mixture into your brownie pan. Then scoop dollops of the pumpkin mixture on top, and swirl with a rubber spatula or butter knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.